Manufacturing, Industrial and Pharma industries in the UK have been impacted due to COVID-19 crisis which has crippled global economy. The study primarily focuses on how the pandemic has affected each of these industries with measures that could help sail through the aftermath. Few companies delivering vital goods like personal care, paper and pharmaceutical are struggling to meet demand driven by panic buying. On the other hand, a few are experiencing dramatic drops in demand and extreme pressure to cut operational costs.
Companies who have repurposed their business towards either healthcare or food seem to be the bright spots. Digitization is expected to play a vital role in revival of these industries esp. domestic manufacturing. How hospitals are driving demand in manufacturing sector? Are there any medicine supply concerns in the UK? How life sciences companies are helping NHS? To what extent is auto industry impacted in the UK? What is the recovery plan for industrial sector post COVID-19?
The report includes impact of COVID-19 on manufacturing, pharma and automotive sector in UK. It also includes share of outsourced FM services in these sectors, along with contracts overview. Some of the key highlights of report are:
- Effect of pandemic on manufacturing, life sciences and automotive sector
- Growing need of digitisation in all these markets
- Details on COVID-19 testing capacity in UK
- Plans for revival of UK automotive sector
- Share of FM services outsourced in each if these sectors in 2019
- Number of deals with %age split between hard FM, soft FM and integrated FM over next four years
- Number of contracts, average contract duration and value in hard FM, soft FM and integrated FM in private sector
- Outsourcing and COVID-19 opportunities in FM services
Table of Contents:
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Manufacturers in UK
- FM Service Provider Landscape
- Outsourced FM Market in UK: By Service and Sector
- Deal Volume over next four years: Split between hard FM, soft FM and Integrated FM
- Manufacturing & Industrial Sector Split by FM Service Type – Hard/Soft/ Integrated FM
- Opportunities in COVID-19 environment
- Advice for FM service providers navigating Covid-19
About The Author
MANAGING DIRECTOR & GLOBAL HEAD OF STRATEGY
Baskar founded Baachu Rain in 2016 and directs the firm’s research strategy across all practice areas. He also leads the Facilities Management and Justice practice on an interim basis. Baskar has over fifteen years of experience in strategy consulting and research. He previously worked for Serco PLC. Baskar holds a MSc in Electrical Engineering from Imperial College London.