Companies, understandably, put a lot of effort into improving their sales teams
Some invest in lead-generating tools, marketing automation, data research, CRM, Apps and Trackers. These costly efforts mostly fail to deliver ROI
Digital tools and analytics, when applied correctly, offer a powerful way to accelerate sales growth. Mckinsey confirms companies who get their sales analytics right typically see 5-10% growth within a year.
From my experience, seven actions are critical for any success in leveraging data analytics in sales transformation.
- Use data to understand the effect of all the steps in sales process, from what drives a sales opportunity forward to where sales team struggle or miss opportunities
- Focus on the handful of metrics and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboards that matters
- Schedule regular meetings to reinforce sales growth expectations
- Use data and analytics to identify the traits and skills of top sales performers then prioritise and personalise sales capability training
- Communicate progress not just gaps
- Demonstrate how every sale team member contribute towards the common goal
- Most importantly, have a clear view of the new behaviour you want to reinforce
Sign Up for more such Baachu Insights at www.baachurain.com